Pure. Free of artifacts. Alive with character.
No matter what your audio source or how you stream, ProSTREAM delivers flawlessly optimized audio that sounds terrific.
Since broadcast audio was first sent to the Internet, broadcasters have been wishing it was an easier process.
You need a box to process it, another to encode it, yet another to stream it. Why can't one device do it all?
Your wish has been granted: Telos ProSTREAM is the streaming solution for web audio that you've been waiting for.
Telos is the codec expert, and ProSTREAM puts all of our expertise into a single, integrated streaming appliance. Forget no-name encoders; ProSTREAM uses genuine MPEG encoding algorithms from FhG, the inventors of MP3, to ensure the most artifact-free sound quality at whatever bit rate you choose. You can encode directly to MP3 or MPEG-AAC and feed any Shoutcast-compatible media server, or a Wowza server for streaming to Flash clients.
And, to make your audio really sing, ProSTREAM comes with sweetening from Omnia Audio, the world leaders in audio processing for broadcast.
The best part: Telos ProSTREAM is neatly self-contained in a 1RU box. Just slide it into a rack and it’s ready to go – no running your mission-critical audio over crash-prone PC hardware and operating systems.
ProSTREAM puts you in total control of your audio streams. The intuitive web interface provides remote control of all functions including creation and editing of processing presets with an easy-to-use preset editor. Because it’s web-based, you can access these functions from any browser-equipped computer on your network — no other software required. But there are convenient front-panel controls too, so you can manage your most-frequently needed functions right from the rack.
Adjust the audio input levels, define a metadata source, select a processing preset, codec, and bitrate. Even select a target media server. There's also a built-in headphone amp with ¼" jack and volume control for monitoring input or output audio.
ProSTREAM comes standard with studio-grade analog inputs and outputs. On the input side, you can use Livewire IP-Audio as an audio source. And on the output side, ProSTREAM delivers fully processed, unencoded audio as well as encoded audio, giving you another source for processed sound. Full network connectivity is provided via two Ethernet jacks, one for the LAN (including Livewire) and the other for the WAN and streaming.
No matter what your audio source or how you stream, ProSTREAM delivers flawlessly optimized audio that sounds terrific. Pure. Free of artifacts. And alive with character.
- I want to adjust my ProSTREAM’s audio processing. What’s the best way to hear the effect of the adjustments I’m making?
- You can use the headphone jack on the front panel if you’re just making a tweak or two. But there’s a mini streamserver built in for just such occasions, so the best way to monitor the ProSTREAM’s audio is to just log onto one of those output streams. That way, you can hear what is happening to your audio with everything in the audio path on and functioning.
- Can you give me quick instructions for listening to my ProSTREAM’s output?
Sure. These steps assume that you’ve already set up an output stream using the instructions in Chapter 2 of the ProSTREAM User Manual; if not, please do so first.
- Connect a PC with VLC Player, Winamp or another compatible media player to your network.
- Determine the LAN IP address of your ProSTREAM using the front-panel display.
- Enter ProSTREAM’s IP address, specifying Port 8000, into your media program, like so: 192.168.0.10:8000.
- Start listening to your audio stream!