Drops Jaws. Not Audio.
The World’s Most Advanced IP Codec
Z/IP ONE is the newest addition to the Zephyr family — an affordable, 1 RU codec designed to help you get the best possible quality from public IP networks and mobile phone data services, even from connections behind NATs and firewalls. Agile Connection Technology (ACT), a Telos exclusive, is the foundation for the Z/IP's excellent performance on real-world networks. It delivers reliable audio despite varying network conditions, and without the need for user intervention. The Z/IP dynamically adapts to the network, minimizing the effects of packet loss and jitter.
Watch this QuickStart video to learn more about Z/IP ONE
When the network is well behaved, you will benefit from the lowest possible delay and the highest possible fidelity. Should network conditions become challenging, the Z/IP ONE automatically responds by lowering the bitrate and increasing the buffer length, doing everything possible to ensure audio makes it to your studio reliably.
Z/IP ONE extracts excellent quality from even not-so-excellent IP connections, thanks to a new codec based on low delay AAC: Advanced Audio Coding-Enhanced Low Delay (AAC-ELD), which gives excellent fidelity at low bitrates with nearly inaudible loss concealment and very little delay.
And of course, Z/IP ONE speaks fluent Livewire; in addition to standard I/O, the Livewire connection lets it connect to any Axia IP-Audio network using just a CAT-5 cable.
- Z/IP ONE's wireless connection capabilities allow connection with IP networks via Wi-Fi, EVDO, and UMTS. A Wi-Fi stick is included with every Z/IP ONE .
- Exclusive Agile Connection Technology (ACT) automatically senses network conditions and adapts codec performance to provide the best possible audio.
- Largest choice of high-performance codecs: AAC-ELD, AAC-HE, AAC-LD, MPEG Layer 2, MPEG 4 AAC LC, MPEG 2 AAC LC, G.711, G.722 and linear PCM.
- Convenient directory server, no need to know another device’s IP address.
- Transparent RS-232 channel for audio side channel or metadata, e.g., RDS.
- 8-bit parallel GPIO port for signaling and control.
- Slim 1 RU form factor fit is equally at home in a studio rack, remote kit or road case.
- Dual IP ports for separate streaming and control.
- Easy browser setup via built-in Web server.
- Push mode for one-way network connectivity such as satellite broadcasts.
- Sophisticated NAT traversal support.
|Input Levels Menu Selectable||
|THD+N||< 0.03% @ +12dBu|
|Freq Response||+/- 1dB 25-22Hz – 20 kHz|
|Calculated Output Impedance||50 Ohms, Differential|
|Calculated Input Impedance||6k Ohms, Differential|
|Analog to Digital Converter||24bits|
|Digital to Analog Converter||24bits|
|Conformance and Compatibility||
|Dimensions||19" x 1.75" x 13.8"|